Re: rpm AutoRequires/AutoProvides and dsos not in linker path, do we care ?

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Chris Adams<cmadams hiwaay net> wrote:
> Once upon a time, Adam Jackson <ajax redhat com> said:
>> Really we just need the moral equivalent of %exclude for autoreqprovs.
>
> Yeah, I said that years and years ago, but RPM didn't want it.

Just for info, PLD some time ago have included a run-time dependency
filtering in RPM
that don't break file-color dependency for multilib system. Some other RPM fork
had already included it.

Here, an  examples from opera

        %prep
        %ifarch %{ix86}
        %if %{with qt4}
        %setup -q -T -b 13 -n %{name}-%{version}-%{buildid}.gcc4-qt4.i386
        %define         _noautoreq      'libpng12.so.0(.*)'
        %else
that filter matching Requires. This PLD patch provide also _noautoprov
and _noautoreqfiles.
The good thing, for someone almost, is that  the filtering is possible
globally for platform and not in unportable way between distro in the
SPEC file.

Regards