Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Jarod Wilson jarod at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 14:14:08 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 15:17:28 Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 15:14 -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > I thought an official spin could only be a live image. i.e., once you
> > start letting the user choose packages in anaconda, it can't be an
> > official spin anymore. At least, I'm pretty sure that was the case a
> > while back, unless the guidelines have changed while I had my head
> > buried in the sand.
>
> I don't know that we forced spins to be live, I just don't think anybody
> came up with a good spin concept for a choose your own adventure.

I have vague recollections of the topic coming up at FUDCon Boston '09
in the spins group discussion, and I swear there was something specific
said about only live spins being an option at the time, but I now see
at least a header for non-live spins on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spins_Guidelines, so I'll go back in
my hole now... :)

--