Re: Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12 (#2)

Den 2009-06-18 05:10, Bill Nottingham skrev:

See the Fedora Foundations [1] and Objectives [2] page. If we're truly
about being on the leading edge, being innovative, etc., the main target
of Fedora should be current hardware, even if older hardware is still
supported.

Yeah, but frankly, there's a difference between producing cutting edge software and requiring newer hardware... Sometimes they go hand in hand.

Though I guess updating the compiler flags means using other/newer/better code in the compiler, which is a form of software improvement.

/abo