Re: using CD/DVD as media

Chuck Anderson wrote:

> As was mentioned earlier in this thread, I think it *does* make sense
> to install the older packages from DVD because then you can take
> advantage of yum-presto to save on download bandwidth later when you
> update from the network.

Packages which are already installed and updated might not allow the old
packages on DVD to be installed, due to dependencies.  So ideally yum
should be able to use the DVD as a repo, and have the ability to combine
an old local rpm with a downloaded drpm to generate the newest package
before installing, to satisfy the dependencies.