Re: Fedora 11 wireless-tools yum erase?

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 6:50 AM, John W. Linville<linville redhat com> wrote:
> If a tool needs something to perform one of its functions it needs it.
> There isn't a "anaconda-no-wireless" package, etc.

This speaks deeply to a cultural understanding as to what the concept
of networking is.

It seems obvious there are people who would like to consider wireless
as "optional." as this is an historic artifact of how networking tech
has developed over time.  I wonder, have we reached the point where
other people have started to consider a wired network "optional" as
well?

-jef