Re: Why do we need FC version attached to the package name?

On Jun 22, 2009, at 9:26, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:

On 06/22/2009 12:54 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:

Not possible while we allow people to keep making updates to the older releases. Those updates quickly become version ( not just release even
) higher than the static copies on the release medium and repos.

Is there any proposed solution to this problem? We can't just continue
to break upgrade paths and call it the way things are done.

Rahul

If you have any ideas I'd like to hear them. A super epoch has already been suggested but that just masks the problem and may cause unwanted downgrades. Any solution either involves severly limiting what kind of updates can be done or requiring network access during upgrades.

--
Jes