Re: Why do we need FC version attached to the package name?

On Jun 22, 2009, at 9:29, Frank Murphy <frankly3d gmail com> wrote:

On 22/06/09 08:24, Jesse Keating wrote:

That's messed up. We used to check just before release time that this
situation never occured. It should probably be added to the rel-eng
release checklist if it isn't there already.

Dave

Not possible while we allow people to keep making updates to the older releases. Those updates quickly become version ( not just release even )
higher than the static copies on the release medium and repos.

--
Jes

Maybe, freeze all updates nearing a GA,

And keep them frozen indefinitely?