Re: Why do we need FC version attached to the package name?

On Jun 22, 2009, at 9:38, Frank Murphy <frankly3d gmail com> wrote:

On 22/06/09 08:32, Jesse Keating wrote:

Maybe, freeze all updates nearing a GA,

And keep them frozen indefinitely?

--
Jes

Duh!, forgot the coffee.

That would get the early adopters,
then nearing EOL of current eg 9.
Only allow updates for 11.
Same when 10 is EOL.
Just update most recent release

Doesn't actually help anything. People upgrading from the most recent release will run into issues unless we stop updates around devel freeze, which would leave more than a month without updates and would cut our 13 month life to 5 or so.

--
Jes