Why do we need FC version attached to the package name?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 12:05:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 04:53:10PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>On 06/22/2009 04:49 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>

>> I think you mean "before pushing" rather than signing, but this idea has been
>> suggested before.
>
>Well, if you aren't going to push anyway, then signing it wouldn't be
>that useful, right? A koji build can be a trigger for the script check

Right, but pushing and signing are disjoint.

>instead of a push in bodhi.

No, I don't think we want to do that yet.  The way my brain sees it working is
that a maintainer does a build and submits it into bodhi.  When he/she submits
it for test/stable, bodhi will run a quick upgrade path check and refuse to
actually put it in the pending state if it breaks an upgrade path.

The signing stuff is only done on updates that are accepted, so you don't have
to worry about signing a useless build.

>> The bad thing is, this suffers from the same problems every other auto-QA
>> suggestion has.  Namely, no code, nobody with time to write the code, and it
>> potentially slows things down even more.
>
>Isn't the scripts Michael Schwendt refers to, not useful anymore? Even

It's useful.  It's generally after the fact though, and in the long run I think
we want to be proactive, not reactive.

josh