Packaging PHP

I'm currently packaging some PHP classes: if I follow the packaging
guideline at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:PHP#File_Placement,
class files should appear directly in /usr/share/php, not in an
extension-specific sub-directory.

This seems rather rude: this rule will sooner or later cause name
collision between files from packages and the directory will grow up to
a mess very fast.

Would it be possible to alter this rule to allow package-specific
sub-directories ? I know some packages go already this way (is it by
special authorization?).

Maybe my understanding of this simple rule is too strict. In this case,
I think it should be stated in more permissive terms.

Thanks for your replies
Patrick