Re: update mechanism for new releases

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Seth Vidal<skvidal fedoraproject org> wrote:
> they're not insolvable - they are just very very very hard.

:-)

At the end of the day, if the OS doesn't give you atomic multi-file
transactions, and your %pre/%post scripts aren't also written
perfectly atomically, I would say that it _is_ impossible.

In any case, are there reasons to believe that behaviour in rpm has
improved (in F11) in the face of a powerloss in the middle of a
transaction? If we start doing OS upgrades and removing power at
random points, what chance does rpm of recover/resume?

It is an admittedly hard question.

cheers,

 martin langhoff gmail com
 martin laptop org -- School Server Architect
 - ask interesting questions