Re: update mechanism for new releases

Björn Persson wrote:
What does "supported" mean in this context anyway? Isn't Fedora community-supported? So if someone from the community helps you when you have problems with a Yum upgrade, then Yum upgrades are supported, right?

Something like "officially sanctioned". If anaconda upgrade doesn't work, the official response is to treat it as a bug. If yum upgrade doesn't work, the official response is "too bad".

Note "official"... as in, the /unofficial/ response may be different.

If I upgrade from the DVD, or by Preupgrade, and it breaks, who should I send the pieces to?

bugzilla.redhat.com?

--
Matthew
Do you know where your towel is?