Re: update mechanism for new releases

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Matthew
Woehlke<mw_triad users sourceforge net> wrote:
> So... 60% "smooth sailing" rate isn't terrible, especially since I /was/
> able to reassemble all the pieces I got to keep without too much trouble.
>> The problem with preupgrade is that it needs user interaction and a

Just wanted to remind people that the original context of this thread
is XO deployments.

It has to be as close to 100% failsafe as possible, completely
unattended, minimize disk space usage and network traffic...

cheers,

 martin langhoff gmail com
 martin laptop org -- School Server Architect
 - ask interesting questions