Re: Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12 (#2)

2009/6/25 Adam Williamson <awilliam redhat com>:
> There were actually some P4 laptops. They tended to be very large (to
> contain the required power and cooling) and have a battery life measured
> in minutes. They probably should also have come with heavy-duty lap heat
> protectors...
>
> I doubt anyone who ever bought such a beast expected any kind of usable
> lengthy battery-powered operation out of it, though.

Oh my God, I had one of those a few years ago -- it was a BEAST and
sounded like a jet engine taking off. Then it committed motherboard
suicide just before I was going to use it to present slides for a
medium-important talk. Don't miss it at all. :)

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
ICCS, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.