Re: FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 05:27:12PM -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> As Orcan's and John's reply show, I'm far from the only one who thinks the
>> current naming of the GNOME-based spin is misleading and biased (which was
>> another thing the opponents to my proposal claimed during the meeting).
>
> ...and they're just the ones annoyed enough to speak up. Well, count me
> now in that number also.
>
> I too would like to see KDE treated as a first-class citizen, rather
> than blindly pushing Gnome to the ignorant masses.

We need to provide a default desktop. There's no "separate but equal"
here - Gnome in Fedora simply gets more development effort, has more
documentation based around it and therefore deserves to be the default.
Pretending that KDE has the same level of support does nothing to
benefit KDE.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org