FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 00:44:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Matthew Garrett<mjg at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 07:17:12PM -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Matthew Garrett wrote:
>>> Gnome in Fedora simply gets more development effort, has more
>>> documentation based around it and therefore deserves to be the default.
>>> Pretending that KDE has the same level of support does nothing to
>>> benefit KDE.
>>
>> There is a self-fulfilling prophecy in there.
>
> It's not the project's role to lift non-default software to the same
> level of involvement as the default software. Why /should/ KDE be
> treated equally?

When I look at a directory listing and see

Fedora-11-x86_64-Live.iso
Fedora-11-x86_64-Live-KDE.iso

it is pretty clear to KDE users which image they want. How about we
give the poor Gnome users the same courtesy and indicate which image
includes what they are looking for? Why should KDE be treated better?

John