FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 02:02:37 UTC 2009

On 6/26/09, Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>  Also, I want to pick at your use of "blindly"; who says it has to be blind?
> Why not work to educate users about the difference? A "Take a Tour" would
> probably be good publicity anyway. (You know, take the edge off that "no
> clue what they're doing" thing...)

I was simply quoting on the blind part, but I actually do agree that a
"Welcome to the world of Fedora" thing would be an awesome idea.

As I have brought up to Kevin Kofler in IRC, I think before we did
something like that we would need to first look into having the KDE
SIG spawn up documentation that matches the gnome-centric docs as well
as working a little more with upstream to try and get some of the
"kinks" worked out with things like the network manager plasma widget.
As the Special Interest Group of KDE within Fedora I think it should
be our responsibility to be the driving force behind providing
equivalent support for KDE as Gnome currently receives and once the
situation is such that KDE truly is getting equivalent back end
support that it needs to be able to go "prime time" as a "First Class
Citizen" (as it seems to be referred to) then this topic could be
revisited.

Disclaimer: I am a member of both the KDE SIG and Xfce SIG but I have
no distaste or hatred for Gnome or the stance of its current status as
the "default" I run both KDE and Xfce on different machines and have
no Gnome installations anywhere on hardware I own, its purely a matter
of personal choice.

-Adam

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com