FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sun Jun 28 00:16:26 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-28 at 02:04 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> That's not distro integration. It's Fedora developers who happen to be
> upstream developers calling their upstream GNOME features "Fedora
> features". That doesn't make them any less GNOME-only features. This is at
> most a failure of our feature process, certainly not an integration problem
> with KDE. In the end, what counts is what features are there, whether they
> were implemented upstream by people who happen to be Fedora packagers or
> not is completely irrelevant for the user. So
> special-casing "Fedora-driven" features gets us nowhere.
>
> I shall also point out that KDE is not standing still while features are
> getting implemented in GNOME, in fact most of the ones you listed are being
> implemented in KDE as we speak.

I really don't see where you are going with this...so it is failure if
we advertise the improvements that we are doing for Fedora just because
we implement them upstream in the software that we are maintaining. And
you seem to think that the KDE way of doing all this stuff without any
distro involvement and participation is the better way of doing it. Yet
you complain that KDE doesn't get enough attention inside Fedora.