FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Naheem Zaffar naheemzaffar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 17:26:36 UTC 2009

2009/6/28 Christopher Stone

> I think the question you need to ask is why they must force this onto
> the Fedora *community* OS when the community is clearly objecting to
> it.

The *community* is not objecting to it - just parts of it. and only recently
- a year ago, the KDE desktop was ion no shape to be considered the primary
desktop. It is now according to its developers and those that drink the
koolaid.

However there are a significant number of people who either like Gnome or
simply do not care too much.

PS are there any plans to give KDE a unified theme with gnome? the two
default themes are currently too different (kde being too grey).

(I got KDE set up to my liking once - I accidentally only installed
kdeworkspace and plasma, none of the KDE apps, and was thinking hey, this is
not too bad. Nice and minimal too. Gotta say I am not a fan of the KDE apps
as once I installed them, I decided to go back to gnome.)