FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 19:22:33 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Christopher
Stone<chris.stone at gmail.com> wrote:
> Whatever desktop RH employees are paid to work on to satisfy their
> biggest RHEL customers needs.  Or what they *think* their biggest RHEL
> customers want.
>
> I think the question you need to ask is why they must force this onto
> the Fedora *community* OS when the community is clearly objecting to
> it.

RedHat employees are paid to work on Fedora, why would anyone scoff at
their contributions to the project? Would it be more acceptable if
someone from Intel or Dell were developing and contributing to Fedora
and backing Gnome?

This is a community and we are fortunate enough to have some of our
community members who are lucky enough to have landed a job where they
are paid to work full time on our community based project. Does the
fact that they get a pay check make their contributions any different
than those of us who do it in our spare time?

I honestly don't see where this has been "forced" into the
distribution by RedHat either, it has been decided upon by the
community, by community members.

-Adam

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com