Re: [Fedora-legal-list] http://www.fsf.org/news/dont-depend-on-mono

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Bill Nottingham wrote:

Jon Stanley (jonstanley gmail com) said:
However, I don't think there's anything to worry about here.  The only
reason that we ship mono *at all* is that we're covered by some OIN
patents on it. I'm not sure which OIN patents those are, but
essentially if Microsoft wants to pick that fight,

... it's not OIN patents, it's that mono is in the OIN list of protected
packages. Just clarifying.

Does OIN cover the specific version we're carrying? I thought OIN was version specific.

-sv