Heads Up: e2fsprogs library split-out

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Mon Jun 29 16:20:41 UTC 2009

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Eric Sandeen (sandeen at redhat.com) said:
>> libcom_err(-devel)
>> libss(-devel)
>> libuuid(-devel)
>>
>> Note that libblkid(-devel) has already been split out as it is now part
>> of util-linux-ng (thanks to kzak!) - an email was sent previously about
>> that.
>>
>> The following packages have BuildRequires: on e2fsprogs-devel, so
>> depending on what libs they required from the package, they may need to
>> shift to one of these new subpackages when they go in (hopefully today
>> or tomorrow).  I'll send another follow-up mail when it's done.
>
> Any chance that in the interim, e2fsprogs-devel could Require: these
> new split out packages (if it doesn't already)?

For now it only requires libcom_err-devel, from inspection it looks like
that's the only set of headers that the e2fsprogs-devel headers include ...

I could do this though - but when would it get removed again; would it
be better to go with the short sharp shock and just clean it up in the
early phase of F12? :)

It doesn't much matter to me either way, though, really.

Thanks,
-Eric