http://www.fsf.org/news/dont-depend-on-mono

梁穗隆 liangsuilong at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 10:02:33 UTC 2009

In my opinion, maybe Mono is a good thing for attracting more developers to
come into Linux world. Also Programmers  write a lot of great softwares,
such as tomboy, f-spot and giver. But we can not ignore that there are some
legal issues in Mono. If Microsoft accuses some users of stealing his
copyright, or  Microsoft bans developers to write C#, it will cause a large
disaster for OpenSource community.

As far as I am concerned, I suggest that Mono is not the default
installation on Fedora. But Mono should staying at Fedora repository. I am
using f-spot to export my photos to picasa web album. It is much better than
Google Picasa for Linux. I know that gnote will replace tomboy. I hope
solang will replace f-spot for the reason that sometimes after I upload
photos to picasa web album f-spot would crash.

Also moving Mono to RPM Fusion may be a better choice. It is more efficient
to avoid legal issues with Microsoft. But lacking of maintainers, RPM Fusion
is unlikely to maintain Mono platform and  some applications requiring Mono
well. So I suggest that Mono should stay at Fedora repository but not be the
default installations.

--
<url>http://liangsuilong.co.cc</url>
Fight for freedom!!!!(3F)