Re: cachefilesd

On 03/07/2009 11:49 AM, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
I noticed cachefilesd in the Fedora repository, but it doesn't work
without a nonexistent cachefiles module (both in F10 and Rawhide).  Is
there work being done to include the cachefiles module in the kernel (it
seems to be an heir to FS-Cache)?

Jonathan

The corresponding kernel bits (fscache, cachefiles) are not in the upstream kernel mainline yet - but I see that they're currently in linux-next through the nfs-next tree. So they should normally show up in mainline during the upcoming 2.6.30 merge window, after 2.6.29 is released.

Not sure what that means for Fedora, but presumably one will have to wait for a 2.6.30 kernel to show up.

Marc