/var/cache/mock

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Mar 10 11:17:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

with today's FC10 mock update, mock has started to use
/var/cache/mock
instead of
/var/lib/mock
as it used to do.

This change causes mock to re-populate its caches from scratch, while
leaving its old cache untouched.

I have no idea, why this change has been applied mid-life time of a
distribution, but users with low bandwidth connections or with many
repo-caches active (e.g. me [1]) would have been grateful if this change
wasn't applied at this point in time rsp. be done in a less intrusive way.

Thanks,
	Ralf

[1] I just noticed that I was about to run out of diskspace, until I
noticed the culprit (mock).