Re: PLEASE READ: provenpackager reseed

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:57:05PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> You've misunderstood my question. With the current process, sponsors
> need not demonstrate anything beyond technical skills (= packaging
> skills in form of a couple of package reviews).

I don't think so. The process of sponsor selection is mostly ad-hoc.
It is FESCo choice, in the end, and technical skill doesn't have to
be the sole motivation of FESCo:

  When someone within the project has developed a "good reputation"
  (and this is admittedly a somewhat fuzzy definition!) then someone
  else will generally nominate them for sponsor status.
  A discussion and vote will then occur during the next Fedora
  Engineering Steering Committee meeting.