Please fix your bugs in release instead of rawhide!

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 22:11:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> There are still two components that are going to remain proprietary as part
> of Canonical "secret sauce" business model but maybe can just replace that
> for our needs and of course Launchpad will probably be stuck with bzr while
> we need to support other SCM's as well.

I think Canonical hasn't been as forthcoming as they could about how
important the not to be released CodeHosting is to actually making any
implementation of launchpad work on a daily basis.  Take that as
speculation on my part of course, since what is publicly avaliable
concerning the role of the CodeHosting component is quite sparse.

But I wouldn't hold my breath for the Malone component being opened in
such a way that it was easily turned into a stand alone bug tracking
service.  And I don't think we'll see the point in investing the
manpower to reverse engineer CodeHosting just to get an alternative
bug tracker working.

-jef