Please fix your bugs in release instead of rawhide!

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 13:46:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 00:38 +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2009-03-10, 21:45 GMT, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > If you push out a bugfix to F10, please also push it out to F9
> > at the same time unless there's a really good reason not to!
>
> I think this is actually a) highly contoversial, b) certainly not
> possible to solve by blanket rule for everybody.

Sufficiently disparate code base (which is probably the case with X11
between F-9 and F-10) is a really good reason not to push for both
releases at the same time, you probably would have to evaluate if a
specific issue is present in the older version at all, then adapt the
fix. This doesn't make invalid what Kevin said, the "blanket rule"
already covers those cases where it's not feasible to do so.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty