Please fix your bugs in release instead of rawhide! (Part 2)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 11 16:28:52 UTC 2009

Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> I'm sure there are other examples one can find, but I do not
> understand why the bugs should be fixed in release instead of rawhide.
> It would be certainly good to fix bugs in stable releases but why
> shouldn't they be fixed in rawhide at the same time?

I don't think anyone is saying stuff shouldn't be fixed in rawhide when
it makes sense to do so*, just that some stuff should be fixed in
release /also/.

(* e.g. rawhide isn't a totally different code base, which can happen
some times.)

--
Matthew
Microsoft has become the next IBM; a dinosaur struggling to survive in