Re: repo whatrequires

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, Pádraig Brady wrote:

I'd like to lookup in the repo what packages require a particular package.
I can do this locally with this python script:
http://www.pixelbeat.org/scripts/whatrequires

For example seeing what local packages require libicu...

$ whatrequires libicu
libicu-devel-3.8-6.fc8.i386
icu-3.8-6.fc8.i386
boost-1.34.1-5.fc8.i386
boost-devel-1.34.1-5.fc8.i386

I tried these to no avail:
$ repoquery --whatrequires /usr/lib/libicudata.so.38
$ repoquery --whatrequires libicu

repoquery --whatrequires --alldeps libicu

-sv