F10 Fresh Vanilla Install with Updates Has Broken NetworkManager

John Reiser jreiser at BitWagon.com
Sat Mar 14 22:57:45 UTC 2009

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> [re: F10 Fresh Vanilla Install with Updates Has Broken NetworkManager]
> Can you give me more info please.

I can reproduce this problem.  Which product should get the bugzilla report?

I did a fresh install using Fedora-10-i386-DVD, with these check boxes only
[which give Gnome desktop]:
   Office + Productivity
   Installation Repo
   Fedora 10-i386-updates
I did a media check of my DVD as part of the install; it passed.
I saved all the files in /tmp at the end of install, plus of course
the installed root itself.

There is no NetworkManager icon in the top bar at first user login.
There is no NetworkManager process running.
"ldd /usr/sbin/NetworkManager" shows a dependency on libudev.so.0,
but there is no file libudev* anywhere in the installed system.