F9 whatis updates-new

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed Mar 18 22:40:00 UTC 2009

I just upgraded this F7 machine to F9 as discussed in my previous post
and now when I run the first 'yum update' it brings in PackageLibs plus
'fedora-release' and a few others.  So when it installs this
'transition' fedora-release it puts new repo files in /etc/yum.repos.d/
as .rpmnew so I check and move them into place.  The next 'yum update'
now lists a whole bunch of files coming from repo 'updates-new'.  Is
this normal?  Will the system still be usable if I install all these
updates from 'updates-new' repo?

Regards,
Gerry