Full Licence field

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Mar 19 21:32:52 UTC 2009

TC> If there is not a clear rpm dependency between a subpackage
TC> (e.g. foo-devel Requires: foo) and the package which contains the
TC> License text, and the license text contains a requirement that it
TC> be distributed along with all binaries, then and only then is it
TC> acceptable to duplicate the License text in multiple subpackages,
TC> with the caveat that it should be in the SAME location in each
TC> subpackage.

Well, in that case I must apologize for those reviews I've done.  I
would swear that I had requested an opinion on directly this issue
(even the more specific case where there is no link in name or
dependency between the various packages generated from one src.rpm)
and was told that it was sufficient to include the license text
exactly once.  That's the advice I've been going on for some time, and
the guidance I used when voting on the guideline restricting
duplicates.

Oh, well.

 - J<