F9 whatis updates-newkey

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Mar 20 20:27:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:00:21 +0100
Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:

> On Do März 19 2009, Milos Jakubicek wrote:
>
> > Don't panic, the -newkey repos are there because of a security
> > accident in last summer as a new signing key for our RPMs has been
> > created and all of them resigned (into a new -newkey repo).
>
> Afaik only updates after the incident have been signed with the new
> keys, which imho did not really fix any problem in case the signing
> key leaked. It only helps to update to F10 and to remove the old
> signing keys from the rpm database.

No, all the existing updates were re-signed and moved to the new repo,
with the exception of an updated fedora-release, PackageKit and their
dependencies that would be needed for users to transition to the new
repo.

Old repo:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/9/i386/

New repo: