Mono buildfails on PPC

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Mar 21 21:38:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

> > How do I do that? It's really annoying that the ppc versions are killing
> > everything currently for mono as 2.4 has huge benefits over the other
> > versions.
>
> Well, you didn't say exactly what was dying in mono, but the problem
> with mysql was a machine-independent value for the per-thread stack
> space allocation.

It's a big ol' stack trace while compiling System.Xml.dll on the ppc

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=1242258&name=build.log

I'm just seeing a pile of the following stack trace repeated...

MCS     [basic] System.Xml.dll
Stack overflow in unmanaged: IP: 0xf850764, fault addr: 0xfeebfef0
Stacktrace:
  at System.TypeInitializationException..ctor (string,System.Exception) <0xffffffff>
  at System.TypeInitializationException..ctor (string,System.Exception) <0x00034>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) object.runtime_invoke_void__this___object_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

This looks like a mono fault, but no-one at Novell can reproduce it.

TTFN

Paul