Re: A supposedly patent-free suggestion/solution to the curious subpixel rendering in Fedora

Sorry for the mistake, it is hard to keep the font stack straight.  I
figured it was actually the other way around.

2009/3/23 Adam Jackson <ajax redhat com>:
> Not that I am in any way giving legal advice here (besides being just an
> engineer, I've read neither the patents in question, nor the qt code),
> but the other possibility is that someone does actually check the qt
> code against the patents, and finds that it's infringing.

Oh, that would be really lame, no doubt.  Every piece of logic in me
wants to argue there's no way that Qt's simple alpha mask+blur could
possibly be a true infringement...but hey, I'm not a lawyer either.