Re: System Config Tools Cleanup Project - tools to eliminate/replace

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Scott Tsai (scottt tw gmail com) said:
3. Only remove system-config-network when Fedora no longer ships the old network configuration scripts like /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup and have NetworkManager totally take over.

NetworkManager's connection editor will (soon) be able to
write to those files. Even if NM isn't in use, if it's
writing the same data, to the same files, while being
actually maintained more... I don't see why s-c-network
would stay around.

Well, I regret having to say so, but unless NetworkManager has seen _very_ substantial improvements since FC10, I feel your rationale is wishful thinking.

Actually, I feel s-c-network should be revived and NetworkManager be made strictly optional.