Re: Latest F-10 NetworkManager crash issue

Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
Denis Leroy wrote:
As of the latest F-10 NM (0.7.0.99-4.git20090324), the NetworkManager daemon systematically crashes upon startup. Going in the debugger, it appears NM crashes because of a missing HAL property :

> hal-get-property --udi /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer --key info.linux.driver error: libhal_device_get_property_type: org.freedesktop.Hal.NoSuchProperty: No property info.linux.driver on device with id /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer

which causes NM to crash at nm-hal-manager.c:207

I'm not sure where to file this bug... Any insights ?

-denis

Already reported as #492246.

Seems to be related to/triggered by vmware (try: service vmware stop && service NetworkManager restart)

Gah, unfortunately the karma system rushed it to stable even before I had a chance to test it...