F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Fri Mar 27 23:04:11 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating wrote:
> I'm not concerned about it either.  I don't run X directly on my
> servers, so the whole VM thing is a little bit of hogwash to me.  ssh
> exported X works just fine for when I need something graphical,
> otherwise it's CLI.
>
> What exactly is your use case that you need a local functioning X on all
> these systems in your data center and virtual hosts?

X servers are everywhere these days.  Even on some of our servers and
VM's.  We have servers hosting test VM's for users and we have X running
so that we can bring up the graphical virtualization tools so we can run
the VM's console and see what is happening with a particular users VM X
server.

Regards,
Gerry