F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Mar 29 17:14:32 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 02:58 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> That's a simple question to ask myself. And the answer to that is no.
> I've never head of this fictional users that have a significant
> probability of having a different monitor connected to their computer
> on every

It's not about every boot, it's about a lot of times in the same boot.
I suspend my laptop more often than shut it down, and I constantly move
from a local vga monitor, to an hdmi monitor, to numerous projectors for
presentations, to nothing connected at all on a regular basis.  I love
the fact that Linux can finally do on the fly configurations like this
without having to mess with config files and restart X sessions.  Other
operating systems have been able to do this trivially for years.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!