Re: F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
> Colin Walters wrote:
>> No, the right solution is to examine the cases for why people were
>> using the key before, and come up with a design which addresses them.
>
> This will not help at all, because people expect to be able to use the
> current key combo, not something new they never heard of.

Nothing says that a new "oh crap" key system couldn't be
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace as well; what key it is exactly I see as distinct
from what the key provides.  Though as for which specific key,
unifying it with Ctrl-Alt-Delete would make sense to me, but I
appreciate the backwards compatibilty/habit argument.