F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Tue Mar 31 09:33:32 UTC 2009

Anders Rayner-Karlsson wrote:

> This is hardly such a critical change as some are making it out to be
> and re-enabling it for those few that really want the functionality
> back is trivial, as exhibited in the thread already.

I don't really think it can trivially be re-enabled.  A common use case
is when first installing and you can't see the X display because there's
something wrong with the driver or with the resolution.  You can't find
out how to re-enable ctrl-alt-bs either, because you don't have a working
computer to do the web search.

Andrew.