RFC: Fedora 11 FAQ

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 1 15:42:42 UTC 2009

On 05/01/2009 08:56 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 15:05 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have posted a draft of the Fedora 11 FAQ at
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_FAQ
>>
>> Feel free to edit the wiki if you want to highlight anything else or
>> drop me a mail and I will add them.
>
> It's nicely written, but it seems like a bit of an awkward document in
> conception - somewhere between Release Notes and Errata and a general
> Fedora (not really Fedora 11) FAQ. Couldn't we somehow reconcile it with
> some of the other release documentation to avoid duplication of effort?

In the past, such release specific FAQ's have often been very helpful in
addressing the repeatedly asked questions. I can't anticipate the FAQ's
so the initial seed information tends to be a bit more generic. I cross
reference existing documentation such as release notes to avoid
duplication where possible.

I am not very happy with the current release notes structure and will be
spending more effort for the next release to get it better match what I
think is the right style.

Rahul