RFC: Fedora 11 FAQ

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri May 1 19:03:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 08:05:26PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:

>>> In the past, such release specific FAQ's have often been very helpful in
>>> addressing the repeatedly asked questions. I can't anticipate the FAQ's
>>> so the initial seed information tends to be a bit more generic. I cross
>>> reference existing documentation such as release notes to avoid
>>> duplication where possible.
>>
>> I see places where that's not done, the 'alsamixer' workaround among
>> them.
> IMO the alsamixer/pulseaudio section lacks any description of what to
> users are supposed to do to get their issues fixed.

I think the proper thing to do is to simply refer users to:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation_Multimedia_Beat#Volume_Control

I've added a note there on how to file bugs to help solve the
underlying problem.  There's some sort of markup nonsense going on
that's making it appear incorrectly right now, but we'll straighten it
out in a few minutes, hopefully.