FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Clive Messer clive at vacuumtube.org.uk
Sat May 2 08:37:19 UTC 2009

On Saturday 02 May 2009 01:55:40 Matthew Garrett wrote:

> And if you don't trust the desktop team to make the appropriate
> decision in this case then it would be helpful for you to say so
> plainly.

Matthew,

I'm not picking on you, but as someone standing on the outside looking in,
Adam seems to be making structured, reasoned arguments. From my perspective,
he appears to be speaking for my interests. I think the Desktop team might be
rather surprised how many people do use line-in and would like a mixer
installed by default that allows input switching. I've bit my tongue a couple
of times whilst reading some of the mixer 'discussion' on the list. It seems
to me that most of the people posting with a redhat.com address don't seem to
have much of an idea what users (not developers) actually do use a mixer for.
ie. not just increasing/decreasing volume levels. And for the record, I'm a
fan of Pulseaudio!

Regards

Clive