Abandon "Default Desktop"

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat May 2 17:41:10 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Anyone interested can look at the desktop focused features in the
> feature list for every release and results should speak for themselves.
> Those who shoulder the burden of the work decide the direction of the
> project as always.

Are you suggesting we should be writing up feature pages for any single
upstream KDE improvement we'll be shipping in the next release? Because
that's what the GNOME folks are doing. I must say I don't see this as a
very productive use of our time, you can find all the new KDE features in
the upstream announcements and info pages. And as, unlike the GNOME
maintainers, we also push new KDE versions as updates to existing Fedora
releases, advertising their features as new features in the next Fedora
wouldn't really be accurate.

        Kevin Kofler