Moblin 2 and Fedora

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 4 20:34:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 12:52 -0700, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> it's not very useful if the various upstream maintainers say that they
> won't accept it no matter what... at that point... yes people stop
> working on it.

I haven't seen anywhere where that's been said. On the kernel/drm side
of things, the LKML discussion resulted in some questions about the
large amount of proprietary code the changes seemed to depend on, but no
definitive Yes or No was reached: Greg decided himself to change
approach and try to come up with a basic 2D-only driver which would not
depend on any proprietary code, then propose whatever kernel elements
would be needed for that instead. AFAIK he is still working on that.

To my knowledge there hasn't been any kind of proposal of any
Poulsbo-related code to X.org.

(and since Greg is working off his own bat on this - obviously not
representing Intel, Canonical or Dell, or even Novell - there's been a
sum total of zero attempts to upstream any Poulsbo-related code from
anyone who's being paid by anyone to work on it...)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey