Re: The Great Pulseaudio Mixer Debate: a modest (productive) proposal

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 10:41 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-05-03 at 12:56 -0500, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> > Hrm, pulseaudio's logging seems to have changed. You can try running
> > "pulseaudio -k;pulseaudio -v" then dig through the spew:
>
> After I do this, my volume control applet in the panel (actually, for
> some bizarre reason it's now in the notification area, rather than in
> the place in the panel where I explicitly placed it in F-10) no longer
> works.

Ummm, yeah. Killing pulseaudio makes the panel applet unhappy. It seems
the crash recovery needs some work. You have to restart the applet too.
It's nice that gnome-session doesn't seem to do auto-restart anymore...

I suppose "paman" is a less destructive way of getting the info, but
killing and restarting the daemon seemed easier to explain...