easycap video adapter

Benjamín Valero Espinosa benjavalero at gmail.com
Tue May 5 10:51:33 UTC 2009

2009/5/5 Adel ESSAFI

> I have an easycap video adapter. When plugged on linux, the system
> detects it but I am still not able ti use it (with cheese or mogulus).
> when I di lsusb, I get this entry.
>
> [adel at localhost ~]$ lsusb
> Bus 002 Device 005: ID 05e1:0408 Syntek Semiconductor Co., Ltd
>
> Can you help please?

Nowadays there is no easy way to make it work. There is a driver in
development for Syntek webcams [1], and a patch to do this driver work with
the EasyCap video adapter [2]. In [3] you can find instructions to make it
work (in Ubuntu and in Spanish, but it is better than nothing).

For me it works, although I am still trying to capture video and audio at
once with mencoder (I get a strange floating point exception), because
gstreamer is a little slower in that task. Whatever I can help, you got my
email.

Benja

[1] http://syntekdriver.sourceforge.net/
[2]