Re: easycap video adapter

2009/5/5 Adel ESSAFI
I have an easycap video adapter. When plugged on linux, the system
detects it but I am still not able ti use it (with cheese or mogulus).
when I di lsusb, I get this entry.

[adel localhost ~]$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 05e1:0408 Syntek Semiconductor Co., Ltd

Can you help please?

Nowadays there is no easy way to make it work. There is a driver in development for Syntek webcams [1], and a patch to do this driver work with the EasyCap video adapter [2]. In [3] you can find instructions to make it work (in Ubuntu and in Spanish, but it is better than nothing).

For me it works, although I am still trying to capture video and audio at once with mencoder (I get a strange floating point exception), because gstreamer is a little slower in that task. Whatever I can help, you got my email.

Benja

[1] http://syntekdriver.sourceforge.net/
[2] https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2803299&forum_id=616182
[3] http://crysol.org/es/node/1103