Re: I wanted to open a discussion for F12 about running services on shell accounts.

Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh redhat com> writes:
> The suggesting here is to use dbus to start applications in terminal
> shell as the same user UID, not to have the system dbus start the app.

I just ran into something in F-10 that would really need to be fixed
if this starts to happen.  I ssh'd into my F-10 machine and started
firefox (across the X11 -Y-mode tunnel).  After I quit and tried
to end the session, the ssh tunnel stayed open.  Investigation showed
that there was a dbus session holding a connection open --- I suppose
firefox had started it.  I had to kill it manually to terminate the
ssh session.

In short, if you launch one automatically you'd better have provisions
to make it go away automatically...

			regards, tom lane